Open, versatile, and scalable,
SirsiDynix Symphony is a total solution for managing advanced and scalable services offered by public, national and government libraries– enabling libraries and consortia to cut costs while providing the highest quality of service.
Public, National and Government Libraries today have diverse and dynamic needs, reflecting everything from the current economic climate to evolving technology to shifting patron demographics. On top of that, each library’s services, collections, staff and facilities are equally variant. What a library is today may be a little different than what it was yesterday or what it will need tomorrow. In short, libraries are not a one-size-fits-all breed.
Symphony system, public, national and government libraries can benefit from intuitive, robust technology with all the bells and whistles, a rich patron interface, and a fully adaptable, expandable and customizable platform.
- Efficiency: Demand management for efficient fulfillment of popular materials; blanket holds across multiple titles or items; batch editing and on-shelf hold processing; right-click menus; and group management tools for families or book groups are only a few of Symphony's streamlining strengths.
- Flexibility: Flexible circulation policies put you in control of what goes where, and when, and how. And with fully documented APIs and an open development platform for tweaking the system at will, you might just get a power trip.
- Security: For library staff, security is a vital priority. Symphony gives you extreme control over viewing privileges, polices and more. And for your system, Symphony's built-in offline mode kicks in to handle those pesky power and network outages.
- Service: More than any other system, Symphony lets libraries serve their users. Books by mail, self-service holds, mobile circulation support and more ensure that however your users access the library, your system is agile and available to support them.
Why SirsiDynix Symphony is the #1 choice for public & national libraries across the World:
- Unparalleled interoperability and customization through fully documented APIs and Web Services. Libraries get the same tools SirsiDynix engineers used to develop Symphony.
- SIP2, NCIP, EDI and Z39.50 standards compliance, which guarantees further flexibility and integration capabilities.
- Easy to use Web-based staff client for circulation and cataloging that allows staff to focus on serving library users.
- Powerful Java client streamlines processes and supports time-saving interfaces such as self-service stations and material ordering interfaces.
- Mobile applications for staff, including circulation and inventory functions through Windows Mobile devices (with online and offline modes).
- Mobile applications for library users, including BookMyne, an iPhone application that allows patrons to access your catalog, place holds on materials and more.
- More than 600 built-in reports and utilities with scheduling.
- Unicode support for capturing the entire content of your library catalog with multilingual access and support for Romanized and non-Romanized scripts.
- Policy-driven demand management to promote resource sharing and NCIP support for interlibrary loan participation.